When you have a coupon worth more than the price of your purchase, always use it at Walmart. For instance, you can find Wet Ones wipes for $.97 at both Walmart and Target. However, if you had a $1 off coupon, you would want to use it at Walmart, because you'll get the extra $.03 of savings. That not only makes the item free, but it can go towards the tax you are still held responsible for paying. In the case of larger overages, it can go towards the rest of your cart purchase or even CASH BACK if you exceed the amount of your purchase.
To rewind and change the scenario, let's say that Walmart has Wet Ones wipes for $.97 and Dillons has them for $1.03. This time your coupon is worth $.50, and you would want to use it at Dillons. At Walmart you would pay $.47 still; whereas at Dillons the coupon would double to $1, costing you just $.03. Even though the price was originally higher, you'll maximize your coupon savings for a better deal at Dillons in this type of scenario.
Here are the items I picked up at Walmart.
- (8) Idahoan Potatoes packages @ $.42
- Use $1/4 Printable= $.17 each
- Brach's Tropical Punch Jelly Beans @ $1.28
- Use $.50/1 from SS (date?)= $.78
- OR use $0.50/1 Brach's Product, exp. 10/1/11 ALL YOU July '11
- (2) Olay Body Wash (travel size) @ $.97
- (2) Satin Shave Gel @ $1.97
- Use FREE Satin Care Shave Gel wyb Olay Body Wash, Bar or Hand and Body Lotion, exp. 8/31/11 (P&G 07/31/11) = $.97 for shave gel and body wash
- Bengay rub @ $4.23
- Use $5/1 Printable (NLA)= Free + $.77 overage
- (3) Kids swim goggles w/nose and ear plugs- 50% off Sale Price= $.50 each
- Sidewalk chalk set- 50% off Sale Price= $.25
- Flintstones Gummies Vitamins @ $5.98
- Use $2/1 Flintstones Multivitamin Product, exp. 9/30/11 (RP 07/24/11)= $3.98
- I will also use the coupon from 7/24 to get a Free copy of Skippyjon Jones book by mail!
Total Spent: $5.88
Total Savings: $18.44